Counselor Position at Buena Vista University
August 10, 2018
Buena Vista University invites applications for the position of University Counselor.
This position is responsible to provide for the mental health needs of Buena Vista University students. Primarily, the position provides outpatient consultation, assessment, and counseling through individual and/or group sessions. As a member of the Student Affairs staff, the University Counselor will also develop and implement proactive educational experiences to address the mental health needs of faculty, staff, and students.
A Master’s degree is required.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor; Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker; Licensed Psychologist or the ability to obtain a license in the State of Iowa is required. The ability to supervise other mental health and/or substance abuse providers based on experience and/or licensure is preferred.
A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.
To apply please complete the following items:
Mail to: Buena Vista University, Human Resources Department, 610 W. 4th St., Storm Lake, IA 50588
An electronic application (BVU Employment Application);
and Send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources one of three ways:
Buena Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Smoke-Free Employer.
Director of Counseling at Augustana College (IL)
July 16, 2018
Job Title: Director of Counseling Services
Revised: June 2018
Status: Full-time; 12 month schedule; Exempt
Reports To: VP of Student Life/Dean of Students
This position plans, organizes, and provides administrative direction and oversight for all operations, activities, programs and services of the Counseling Department. Working with the VP of Student Life/Dean of Students, oversees department planning and program development to meet the needs of students and goals of the college. Serves as the first response during crisis intervention situations and serves as a member of Augustana's behavioral risk assessment team.
- Student Counselors : 1 full time and 1 part-time counselor. Each work during the academic year only.
- Administrative Assistant: 30 hours per week during the academic year.
- Oversees work of the counseling staff, assigns work load and evaluates program offerings. Serves as a resource for student counselors on strategies for success and effectiveness.
- Meets with individual students to provide counseling for a wide variety of needs during office hours. Work with students to resolve issues, involving others on campus as needed.
- Collaborates with community partners both internally and externally to meet student needs. As needed, makes referrals for off-campus services for student issues
- Consults with faculty, staff, and parents on current, on-going or potential issues, needs and prevention techniques.
- Plan, conduct and evaluate psycho-educational group presentations as needed and requested. Revise offerings to fit the needs of the campus community.
- Provides training to students, staff, faculty and professional staff on a range of issues related to mental health and well-being as requested.
- Document student meetings within the established protocols of the office.
- As appropriate and requested, consult with members of the faculty and other campus community members regarding students concerns.
- Provides recommendations to the VP and Dean of Students regarding a student's suitability for enrollment.
- Serves as a member of the college's Risk Assessment Team.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Serve as a confidential reporting resource for survivors of sexual assault or other crimes.
- Attend division wide meetings to understand and support the efforts of others within the student life division.
- Serve on task forces, committees, or other campus organizations as needed to further the goals of the department.
- Participate in local, regional and national associations, conferences and meetings to stay abreast of trends and suggest strategies for college's continued improvement in student mental health issues and counseling.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrated skill in providing counseling services to the 18-22 year old population.
- Ability to effectively deliver generalist clinical counseling to a diverse student population.
- Ability to make effective decisions with limited time and input from others.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of campus partners including colleagues, students, and community stakeholders.
- Ability to mentor, lead and supervise professionals and student staff.
- Budget creation, tracking and management skills.
- Ability to use Titanium or other recordkeeping data base system.
- Deep understanding of the unique issues that arise with an academic, competitive, residential liberal arts institution.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision to accomplish work outcomes.
Doctoral degree in clinical psychology or Master's degree in social work or counseling. 7-10 years of professional experience providing services and/or leading professionals in this area. Experience working with student populations and/or experience in a higher education setting is highly preferred. Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed in Illinois.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift 15 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, write, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
Travel & Work Hours
Little to no travel is expected for this position. This position will be required to be available for crisis intervention and/or assessment during weekend and evening hours.
Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Augustana College's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter including salary requirement and resume to email@example.com
no later than July 19, 2018 for full consideration.
Private Practice in WDSM
June 30, 2018
Counseling for Growth & Change, L.C. is recruiting licensed mental health counselors to join our group private practice in West Des Moines. 3+ years post-licensure experience is preferred. We are seeking associates who will see 12 or more clients per week with the possibility of partnership for candidates with established caseloads. Clinicians with a variety of fields of expertise and clinical interests are encouraged to apply. Email your cover letter and resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Therapists Needed-Multiple locations
June 30, 2018
LICENSED OUTPATIENT THERAPIST POSITIONS NOW OPEN
- Sioux City, Iowa
- Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Davenport, Iowa
Do you believe that faith should be a part of holistic mental health treatment?
Join the life-changing ministry team of Master’s Level Therapists at Lutheran Family Service.
This position offers outstanding income opportunity and flexibility to design and manage your career:
- Excellent commission and income opportunities for those motivated to excel
- Create your own schedule to fit within client and personal needs
- Flexible start and end times to accommodate client and personal needs
- Ability to determine and market your specific counseling specialties
- Health benefits, paid holidays, and vacation pay for full-time employees
Choose one of three different compensation options to meet your lifestyle needs and income goals.
- Option 1: Full-time, salaried: Excellent choice for those looking for income stability, security, benefits, and full-time client-load
- Option 2: Full-time, commission: Perfect choice for those motivated by income potential through building their market and clientele
- Option 3: Part-time, commission: Great choice for those desiring the flexibility that part-time hours and schedule allow
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide high quality, compassionate, and Christian-centered therapy to individuals, couples, and families.
- Adhere to all professional and ethical standards.
- Build community relationships and referral network to develop and sustain clients.
- Maintain work hours in a way that is responsive to client needs.
- Participation in and travel to quarterly staff meetings throughout the state.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance entities.
Skills, and Abilities:
- Apply varied interventions during crisis situations
- Work with a variety of cultures
- Self-motivate to work independently and implement time management strategies
- A masters or doctoral degree in a mental health-related field
- Independently licensed to practice therapy in the state of Iowa (LISW, LMHC, LMFT)
- Desire to work in a Christian, faith-based, private practice environment
If this sounds like a fit for you, send your résumé to:
6200 Aurora Ave, Suite 410W
Urbandale, IA 50322
For more than a century, Lutheran Family Service, a private, not-for-profit organization has been there for people in their time of need providing a variety of services. Our mission is to walk with people who are experiencing hard times and are there for them just as God has been there for us. Our values are: Grace, Life, Family, Compassion, Accountability and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We help anyone in need, regardless of their faith.
Mental Health Therapist in Harlan, Iowa
May 8, 2018
Mental Health Therapist (LISW, LMHC)
Award-winning Myrtue Medical Center located in Harlan, IA currently has an opening for a full-time LMHC/LISW Mental Health Therapist. As a recipient of the Top 20 Critical-Access Hospitals the last two years, Myrtue Medical Center is not your “typical” rural hospital. Our integrated health care facility incorporates the Harlan, Avoca, Shelby, Elk Horn and Earling medical clinics as well as behavioral health, community health and the Petersen Family Wellness Center and Lewis Aquatic Complex. Blending top-notch technology and facilities with a hometown atmosphere make Myrtue Medical Center the workplace you’ve been looking for.
The LMHC/LISW Mental Health Therapists serve as active participants in the clinical programs of the department, including both direct treatment of outpatients, performance of evaluation activities, provides emergency services and consultation and education.
- Provides needs assessment
- Completes Comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment to include addiction issues and Mental Status Exam
- Conducts therapy sessions with client(s) and groups
- Refers and collaborates with other agencies and practitioners having a joint interest in meeting needs of the client
- Reviews cases to assure quality of care
- Performs consultation and education
- Collaborates as needed with consulting practitioner in the formation of treatment plans and discharge plans.
- Provides crises intervention including on-call emergency services
- A Masters degree in Human Service field such as Counseling, Social Work or other mental health related field
- Experience equivalent to two years and field experience in a similar setting during educational process
- Eligible to be licensed in the state of Iowa to practice as an Independently Licensed Mental Health Provider
Full-time; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday; 7:45 a.m. – 8:15 p.m.
Working at Myrtue Medical Center, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Excellent benefits package
- Working at a nationally recognized Top 20 Critical-Access Hospital
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Family friendly communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools with strong traditions
- Easy access to Omaha, NE and Des Moines, IA
Apply online at http://www.myrtuemedical.org/employment/online-application
Myrtue Medical Center is a nationally recognized Top 20 Critical-Access hospital in southwest Iowa. Our integrated health care facility incorporates the Harlan, Avoca, Shelby, Elk Horn and Earling medical clinics as well as behavioral health, community health and the Petersen Family Wellness Center and Lewis Aquatic Complex. Our outpatient clinic includes a full-time general surgeon on staff and visiting specialty physicians scheduled regularly. Myrtue Medical Center takes the role of quality care seriously and we have been recognized for our dedication through numerous awards received.
Mental Health Therapist with YESS (Des Moines)
April 23, 2018
YOUTH EMERGENCY SERVICES & SHELTER
918 SE 11th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
TITLE: Mental Health Therapist
REPORTS TO: Chief Behavioral Health Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Production Based Pay
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Mental Health Therapist position provides assessment and therapy services to children, teens and/or families on an outpatient basis. Counseling services may include: outpatient mental health therapy through private insurance, Medicaid, or private pay; substance abuse services (with appropriate licensure); and short term counseling. This position may also provide therapy services and assessments to youth while they are residing in shelter.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Licensed in the state of Iowa; Applicants working toward independent licensure in their
field will be provided weekly individual and group supervision
- Clinical/counseling experience working with children and/or families
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive and collaborative relationships with clients,
families, colleagues and others in the human services field
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THE POSITION:
- Provide evidence-based therapy services to youth and/or families on an outpatient basis
- Conduct intake and mental health assessments (as appropriate per licensure/credentials)
and make appropriate referrals
- Conduct individual and/or group therapy services for youth within the shelter if
- Maintain complete and up-to-date files for all clients
- Attend team meetings, clinical consultations, supervision, and other appropriate
meetings as assigned
- Meet billable expectations
- Clinical on call as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
To learn more about Youth Emergency Services and Shelter (YESS), our staff, and the services we provide to youth, visit our website at www.yessiowa.org.
- Health Insurance
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vision Discount Program
- Dental Insurance
- Life, accidental death, & dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with employee match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development/Training Opportunities
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment requires an ability to sit or stand for extended periods. Work involves walking and running, talking and hearing to exchange information, and using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment requires the employee be capable of pushing, pulling or lifting and/or carrying up to 25 pounds.
- The work requires an ability to perform techniques of Safe Crisis Management as needed and appropriate
- Noise level in work environment is generally low to moderate.
Youth Emergency Services & Shelter reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description as needed to meet the needs of the agency, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains at-will. These job requirements are subject to change to reasonable accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST TO:
Sara Swansen, Ph.D.
Chief Behavioral Health Officer
Youth Emergency Services and Shelter (YESS)
Mental Health Therapist in Sioux City, Iowa (Full-time)
April 12, 2018
Private practice of Associates for Psychological and Therapy Services, in business for over 30 years and specializing in a range of mental health services and psychological evaluations, seeks Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW). APTS is an expanding private practice that seeks competent and independent therapists to join our team.
Qualification and Requirements:
Independently licensed and eligibility on multiple insurance panels, including Medicare and Medicaid.
Contact: Please email (BAKERAPTS@AOL.com) or fax (712-252-5672) resume. Feel free to contact our office with any questions at 712-252-1473.
MH Therapist wanted-Marshalltown, IA
March 29, 2018
Mental Health Therapist Position
Center Associates is seeking full-time licensed mental health therapists to work in a Community Mental Health Center setting in Marshalltown, Iowa. Our therapists work on a multi-disciplinary team to provide outpatient mental health services to the community.
We offer competitive pay and health benefits; accrued vacation and sick leave; retirement plan; and potential eligibility for the National Health Service Corps student loan repayment program.
Master’s or doctoral degree in mental health counseling, psychology, social work, or marriage and family therapy required. Iowa licensure as a mental health counselor, psychologist, social worker, or marriage and family therapist also required. Supervision toward independent licensure is provided as a part of employment.
If interested please send a resume and letter of interest to:
Kim Hagen, LISW
Therapist Opening in Ankeny
February 16, 2018
Thrive Counseling Center (in Ankeny, IA) is expanding and we are looking to hire 2 licensed mental health professionals. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and driven individual who is looking to work 15+ flexible hours per week in a private practice setting. Due to Thrive CC thriving we have several new client referrals coming in on a weekly basis and we would love to expand our team in order to accommodate these new clients.
- Set your own hours and schedule
- Individual furnished office provided
- Retirement match program available
- Competitive percentages
- Continuing Education allowance
- Collaborative environment with other therapists
- Billing, administrative assistance and referrals are included
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Amy Halls at email@example.com
Therapists needed in Orange City and Sioux Center
February 1, 2018
All Things New Therapy Services, Inc. is seeking full and part-time licensed mental health therapists for our Orange City, IA and Sioux Center, IA locations. All Things New serves children, families, couples, and adults. We serve with a faith-based foundation. All applicants may submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.