Opening for a private practice clinician (sharing cost) in Adel
October 19, 2020
Adel Mental Health is a friendly, welcoming team of three therapists looking to add a private practice clinician to our team. We are all our own independent practices, so there isn't a fee split. We share overhead costs like rent, marketing and office supplies. There is a potential to inherit clients right away from our current team, so building to a caseload will happen quickly. The ideal candidate is licensed in the state of Iowa and credentialed with insurance providers, or willing/able to become credentialed. We prefer a clinician who is able to carry a full-time caseload (around 20 sessions per week) but we are willing to consider part-time candidates. We are seeking a clinician who can treat a range of diagnoses and is able to work with clients of many ages and stages. Please submit your resume to email@example.com
or fax to 515-993-1922.
Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator at Grand View University
October 6, 2020
Position Title: Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator
Department: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
College: Social and Natural Sciences
Contract Term: 9 months, Full time, On Campus, Tenure Track
The Clinical Coordinator for the online Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) is principally responsible for coordinating, supervising, and managing the academic aspects of the student practicum and internships of the CMHC program. The position requires licensure as an LMHC, the ability to maintain current licensure in the state of Iowa, an earned doctorate in counseling from CACREP accredited program or counseling-related degree, familiarity with CACREP accreditation standards, and clinical experience as a counselor. The successful applicant must have knowledge and skills necessary for curriculum development, instruction, and evaluation at the graduate level. Active participation in professional organizations and ongoing professional development specific to the responsibilities of the position is an expectation.
The Clinical Coordinator is a full-time, on-campus tenure track faculty member with all of the rights and responsibilities of other full-time faculty at Grand View University in similar leadership positions. A strong commitment to the academic success of all of our CMHC Grand View University Graduate students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are the first generation to college, veterans, diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and diverse sexual orientations.
- Teach a minimum of 18 credits per year including teaching practicum, and internship courses that require weekly faculty supervision. This will include teaching 1 summer course.
- Assist the Program Director with the operation of the M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate field placement for graduate counseling students.
- Monitor, assess, and guide field placement and provide support and consultation to students and site supervisors.
- Familiarity with technology to assess student competencies and benchmarks.
- Engage in research/scholarly/continuing education activity appropriate to the discipline.
- Actively participate in related professional organizations including ACA but not limited to.
- Organize practicum and internship manual, course development, site placements.
- Provide reports, assess, and guide field placement, and site supervisors and/or updates to the Program Director on student progress, the status of clinical/field sites, and problems encountered in placements and/or remediation.
Therapist wanted in Grinnell
September 27, 2020
Davis Psychological Services, PC in Grinnell, IA has a position available for a therapist. It is a well-established, thriving practice that offers a pleasant working environment. An applicant with an interest in seeing children would get special consideration, but is not required. The position offers a great deal of flexibility and allows you to set your own schedule. A fully licensed individual is preferred, but supervision toward licensure can be provided. The position pays up to 80% (depending on experience and licensure) of the revenue generated by the therapist. Email Brandon Davis, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org
) for more information.
Mental Health Therapist wanted in DSM area
September 12, 2020
Choices Therapy Services is a growing mental health agency in the Des Moines area. We provide outpatient psychiatric, mental health, addictions, and behavioral health services for those we serve.
We are a solution focused, inclusive and enthusiastic team that is ready to add to our clinical team. We are currently hiring for a mental health therapist to provide assessment and therapy services in our Des Moines, Indianola, and school-based offices.
This person should hold a master’s degree in mental health counseling or social work and have an active license in the State of Iowa. LMHC or LISW.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your resume to us: Brenda@choicestherapyservices.org or give us a call at 515 279 0111.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Counseling at Central College
September 2, 2020
This is a benefits eligible 9 month position - August 15-May 15.
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Assistant Dean of Students to provide Central students with personal counseling, referrals, and educational resources. Daily contact with students, faculty and staff, and regular contact with mental health providers in the area
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide short-term individual student counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention, and/or referrals as needed for students.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of policies and procedures regarding students with emotional and personal problems.
- Consult with and advise faculty and staff about students with emotional and personal problems, as appropriate, and in accordance with ethical standards and guidelines as cited by the American Counseling Association.
- Assist with the development of referral resources for students; collaborate with area mental health and medical providers.
- Document, organize, and manage client records in accordance with professional standards and state and federal laws.
- Serves as a member of Student Development; collaborate with the staff on student needs, problems and programming; participate in meetings, and functions as requested.
Performs other duties on a non-repeating basis as requested
- Master's degree in counseling or related area required;
- Minimum of two (2) years of counseling experience preferably with college students and familiarity with a residential liberal arts college.
- Experience with counseling individuals about depression, eating disorders, anxiety, substance abuse, self-harm, and sexual assault is desired.
- Current state license or state license-eligible.
- Experience with educational outreach and programming opportunities in the college setting
Central College is an equal opportunity employer and a drug/tobacco free workplace. A post offer background check will be conducted.
Please contact Human Resources with application questions by calling 641-628-5156 or emailing email@example.com.
Therapist wanted at New Heights Counseling (Urbandale)
April 3, 2020
NEW HEIGHTS COUNSELING RESOURCES, INC.
JOIN OUR TEAM! We are seeking an independently licensed individual that is interested in working alongside an excellent team of other therapists!
Qualified candidates will have a master’ degree or higher in psychology, counseling, or social work field. Candidates must be independently licensed in the State of Iowa (LMHC, LISW, LMFT, LP), and must have at least 2 years experience in counseling, psychology, social work, or mental health field.
*We are looking for candidates open to working some evening hours as part of their client base*
For more information about the opportunity to join the New Heights team, please contact us at:
Ask for Jessica Romey or Jim Wilwerding
Seeking a Therapist to work with Senior Citizens in Centerville (Temp license ok)
March 27, 2020
Senior Life Solutions, a national company with over 90 programs in 26 states, has an opening
for a therapist in our current program located in Centerville, Iowa.
We seek a licensed therapist (can be provisionally licensed if supervised) who are interested in
putting their thumbprint on an intensive outpatient therapy program for seniors 65 and over.
We work in partnership with, an award-winning critical access hospital, Mercy Medical Center in Centerville, Iowa. Together we are committed to becoming a resource in Centerville for our seniors and their families.
Along with providing group and individual counseling to seniors, our therapist can assist with
community education and outreach activities along with our Program Director and Office
Program Coordinator. We also provide group curriculum resources if needed but always
encourage our therapists to choose if they prefer using their own. Position Benefits: The position is M-F (8-5), no on call, no weekends, no evenings and we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401 K, etc.).
Senior Life Solutions, a program of Psychiatric Medical Care has been around
since 2003 but we have the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up company. We work in
partnership with critical access hospitals nationwide, as we assist some of our more vulnerable
community members---seniors who live in rural communities. Our success is based on our
proven models that works and saves lives, affecting families and the community. Click here to
read testimonials from current employees.
If you are interested or know someone who could be looking for a change, please email or call
me. We’ll send a job description and set up a time to confidentially talk. Apply directly on our
website: www.psychmc.com/careers/working-at-pmc or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Betsy Dooley | Corporate Recruiter
Iowa Family Counseling seeking Therapist
March 9, 2020
Iowa Family Counseling is looking to add an independent contractor (with possibility to become W2 employee) to join us in providing school-based therapy services to area students and families. This may include the following areas/districts in Iowa: Mid-Prairie, Highland, Columbus Junction, Muscatine & Solon.
Clinician will set own schedule, but evening availability a plus.
Iowa Family Counseling provides billing, referral source & admin support with competitive pay.
Prefer independently licensed applicants, however open to provisionally licensed as well (LMSW, tLMHC, tLMFT). Ideal candidate will be independently licensed on insurance panels, and have much experience and interest in working with families, in addition to couples work.
Clinical supervision for provisionally licensed therapist may be provided for tLMHC and tLMFT and negotiated in job/compensation package.
Therapist (full or temp license) wanted at Candeo (Johnston, IA)
February 26, 2020
Out Patient Therapist LMHC, LMHC-t, LISW, LMSW, Ph.D
Candeo is accepting applications for a licensed or temporary license therapist to join our team!
We offer the flexibility of an independent practice with the support of an agency. Candeo is dedicated to helping others to “Shine Brightly”, we offer services to individuals with intellectual disabilities, mental health disabilities, and traumatic brain injuries. As a member of our therapy team you will have the flexibility to work with individuals, families, couples, or groups.
We offer supervision for both Mental Health Counselors and Social Workers in addition to credentialing and billing services. Salary is commissioned based with paid training and vacation days. Other benefits include health and dental insurance (traditional and HSA), Short and Long Term Disability, life insurance and other voluntary benefits.
Integrative Counseling Solutions is seeking a licensed therapist for School Based Team
February 4, 2020
If you are a dedicated mental health professional who is passionate about improving client outcomes and helping Iowans to access mental health services, we want you to join our team!
- EXCELLENT COMPENSATION
- WELLMARK BLUE CROSS/BLUE SHIELD HEALTH INSURANCE
- A SUPPORTIVE TEAM ENVIRONMENT
- YEAR ROUND POSITION WITH FLEXIBLE SUMMER HOURS
- FREE PLAY THERAPY TRAINING
- FREE SUPERVISION TOWARDS LICENSURE
- $1000 HIRING BONUS FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES payable after 4 months.
Integrative Counseling Solutions, Inc. seeks a licensed therapist with an LMHC (or Temp LMHC), LMFT (or Temp LMFT), LISW or LMSW, to join our growing School Based Team. Positions available in Dallas, Story, Madison, Warren, Marion, Jasper and Polk County Schools as well as offices in West Des Moines and Knoxville, Iowa.
We are a dedicated, innovative and multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals who are breaking down barriers to help Iowans access mental health services in Central Iowa.
- Evaluating and assessing children, parents, and families and developing specific mental health treatment plan.
- Providing individual and family therapy services with an emphasis on dealing with trauma and building resilience.
- Collaborating with school staff to meet needs of children and families.
Interested candidates should send in a cover letter and resume to:
Integrative Counseling Solutions, Inc.
Attn: Cheryl Garland, Clinical Director
1200 Valley West Drive #508
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Please email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
- Master's degree and licensure as an LISW,, LMHC (or Temp LMHC), LMFT. (or Temp LMFT), LMSW
Experience providing therapeutic services to children, youth and families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Child Abuse Registry and must have a valid driver's license.
Salary: $42,500.00 to $65,000.00 /year
If you are interested in applying or a position with Integrative Counseling Solutions, please your Cover Letter, and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit through the APPLICATION LINK below.