Multiple openings at Orchard Place (Temp License Acceptable)
July 2, 2019
Orchard Place has opportunities as Center Based Therapists and School Based Therapists! Come join a team committed to providing trauma-informed care to children, youth and families.
- Evaluate and assess children, youth and families and develop specific mental health treatment plan
- Provide individual and family therapy services with emphasis on dealing with trauma and building resilience
- Coordinate clinical work with services provided to patients by other agencies and individuals
- Licensed, or eligible for license, in Iowa as an LMSW, LISW, LMHC or LMFT or temporarily licensed in Iowa as T-LMHC or T-LMFT.
- Experience providing therapeutic services to children, youth and families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- $41,500 base salary
- 120 hours of vacation and 80 hours of sick leave accrued annually and 9 paid holidays
- Medical and Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Flex Spending Plan, and employer-paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with employer matching
- Supervision towards independent licensure and access to paid CEU approved trainings
- Training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and opportunities to receive training in Trust Based Relational Interventions (TBRI), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Adlerian Play Therapy as approved by supervisor.
Counselors wanted at LSI (various cities in IA): Temporary License is Acceptable!
July 2, 2019
"I work at LSI so that my clients know that although their journey may be difficult, they do not have to endure it alone." Shantel, an LSI therapist
At LSI, we are dedicated to wrapping compassionate care around the children and families we are privileged to serve. Our therapists are central to our mission and serve as expert advisors to LSI's early childhood, behavioral health, and family safety teams.
We are seeking a full-time Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA) to provide therapy and counseling to couples, families, adults, and children in various office locations across the state of Iowa.
- Provide therapy and counseling assessments in a community-based setting
- Have the potential to see clients in a school-based setting
- Serve a diverse population of children, adults, couples, and families
- Develop individual treatment plans to fully address each client's various behavioral and mental health care needs\
- Manage case plan oversight and re-evaluate as necessary to build the best possible outcomes for our clients
- Have the ability to receive free clinical licensure supervision from one of our Clinical Supervisors
- A Master's in Social Work or an approved related field (LMFT, LMHC)
- Must be licensed in the state of Iowa (temporary and provisionally licensed applicants are encouraged to apply!)
- A valid driver's license, good driving record, and auto insurance
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, Sex Offender registry, and a criminal history check
We view each staff member as a holistic person with concerns, interests, and commitments outside of work. We are a team who cares about each other, believes in work-life balance, and provides flexible scheduling to meet your needs. LSI offers a 401(k), generous paid time off, and health, dental, life, and vision insurance. We also provide Team LSI perks like gym discounts, pet insurance, and cell phone discounts through Verizon.
Ready to get started and join Team LSI? Apply today!
Questions? Contact our HR team at HR@LSIowa.org.
Counselor at Woodward Resource Center (IPERS!)
July 1, 2019
Interested in using your Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology, or Behavior Analysis to land a job at the Woodward Resource Center?
The job includes designing behavioral supports that are rooted in applied behavioral analysis and acceptance-based therapies, e.g. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), individual and group discussion sessions to promote psychological flexibility and independence, etc.
All the FUN without being responsible to complete billing and collections duties.
Great clients. Great co-workers. Great benefits (IPERS, insurances, leave, etc.). Great opportunity for a progressive, creative person.
State job classification is "Psychologist 2" however a Master's in Counseling meets eligibility.
Counselor in Ames
June 16, 2019
Central Iowa Psychological Services has an opening for a Mental Health Counselor in our Ames office. This position involves individual and/or family therapy services primarily with children and adolescents with a variety of presenting issues.
Central Iowa Psychological Services is a large group practice composed of psychologists, mental health counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and nurse practitioner services with locations in Ames, Ankeny, and West Des Moines. Central Iowa Psychological Services offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a superb working environment that encourages continued learning and development, personal growth, ongoing collaboration, and innovation.
Position requirements include an Iowa Mental Health Counselor license in good standing and preferably at least two years of professional experience; although, persons with temporary licenses and professionals with less experience will also be strongly considered.
Counselor at DSM University
May 22, 2019
Des Moines University is currently accepting applications for a Staff Counselor, who will be responsible for providing psychological services to students in all University programs, including intake assessments, individual, couples, and group counseling, and crisis intervention. In addition, the Staff Counselor will provide consultation and outreach programming to the campus community. The mission of the Student Counseling Center (SCC) is to provide a range of psychological services that serve to empower, support, and assist students in the pursuit of their personal, professional, and academic endeavors. In pursuing the mission of the organization, the SCC makes policies, decisions, and strategic plans in alignment with the following values: integrity and ethical practice, social justice and multicultural competence, holistic approach, and collaborative partnerships.
Founded in 1898 in Iowa’s capital city, DMU is a graduate medicine and health sciences university comprising three colleges – College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery and College of Health Sciences – that offer eight graduate degree programs. DMU combines the top advantages in medical education available today: an expert faculty, a rigorous and relevant curriculum, state-of-the-art facilities, a dynamic and diverse research environment, and a supportive, inclusive community of students and faculty active in learning and service. By consistently producing outstanding graduates who excel in their careers, DMU maintains one of the strongest reputations in the sphere of American medical education.
- Master's degree in counseling or clinical psychology, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, or related field.
- At least two years post-degree experience required. Experience providing psychological services in a university counseling center preferred.
- Licensed in the state of Iowa preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates who have obtained temporary licensure status; candidate must obtain full licensure within 6 months of hire.
For complete job description, benefit summary, or to apply visit
Please submit CV, cover letter including reason for interest in the position, and contact information for three professional references at time of online submission. CV review and/or interview scheduling will commence immediately and continue until position is filled.
Des Moines University is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information and other characteristics protected by law (“protected class”). Applications from candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Therapist wanted in Urbandale
May 17, 2019
Mental Health Therapist
515 Therapy and Consulting is interested in adding a fully licensed professional to our team of exceptional providers in Urbandale! (Both part-time and full-time inquiries encouraged to apply.) Contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 515.556.3668 for more information!
LMHC Working with Senior Adults, FT/PT
November 2, 2018
Are you ready to make a difference and impact the lives of our vulnerable, aging adults and their families in rural communities? Are you an LMHC who wants to serve Seniors but has not due to your inability to bill Medicare? Our model allows you to provide therapy for Medicare-eligible seniors while working under our Medical Director in an outpatient, critical access hospital setting.
We welcome you to become part of a strategic team with support from an innovative, and rapidly-growing private company, Senior Life Solutions, a national program managed by Psychiatric Medical Care. In 2018, our outpatient, intensive group therapy programs will impact more than 4,875 senior adults in our 70 programs in 20 states.
We have results—from satisfied patients, referring hospitals, physicians, and community members about the positive outcomes from our unique programs. Our model provides intensive outpatient group therapy in rural hospitals. Our patients are older adults typically over the age of 65 who struggle with symptoms of depression and anxiety often related to aging. With our program, our patients enjoy other benefits as well—including socialization. Our resulting growth to date this year, 20 new programs in 2018, demonstrates that our model is working and changing lives of our rural seniors and their family and community members.
We are seeking a special therapist, a licensed LMHC who is passionate about providing excellent patient care. Join us and help us change the way behavioral health is accepted, promoted, and delivered in rural communities. In Iowa, we have an opening in Corning for a fulltime therapist. Part-time, PRN roles are also available throughout the state. Relocation assistance may be available.
We offer future career growth for our team members among other very generous benefits for our fulltime staff:
- Competitive compensation/pay rates
- Accrue up to 24 days of paid time off (PTO) each year
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Extremely competitive medical insurance rates/deductibles for employee only and family coverages
- FREE dental and vision insurance for employee only coverage
- 401(k) Plan with 100% company match up to 4% – immediate participation and vesting!
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with generous company contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short-term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) available
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health and Welfare Planning Tools, and Health Advocate program
- Other Voluntary benefits available: Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Services Plan, Identify Theft, Term Life Insurance, Group Universal Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Auto and Home Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Perks include Continuing Education Assistance, Employee Referral Bonus Program, and Corporate Discounts available
To apply, please go to our Careers Page. For questions or inquiries about PMC careers and joining our team, email us at email@example.com.
ABOUT SENIOR LIFE SOLUTIONS, a part of PSYCHIATRIC MEDICAL CARE
Founded in 2003, Psychiatric Medical Care (PMC) operates in-patient and outpatient programs located in rural communities across the country. Founder and Chief Medical Officer, James A. Greene, M.D., a geriatric psychiatrist, was born and raised in a rural community, which today hosts a rural hospital. He developed PMC with the sole mission to improve the quality of life of older adults living in rural communities. PMC, which operates the Senior Life Solutions outpatient program and Green Oak Behavioral Health inpatient facilities, is one of the largest geriatric mental health management companies within rural hospitals across the United States.
PT Mental Health Therapist in Des Moines
November 1, 2018
Counseling Associates of Central Iowa (CACI) is looking to hire a part-time mental health therapist (LMHC or LISW) with the option to become full-time. If you are interested in working within a supportive, friendly and flexible (establishing work hours that fit your schedule) work environment, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or feel free to contact us with any questions (515-255-2224).
Child Therapist Position Available; Des Moines
October 30, 2018
Child Therapist Position Available with Family Legacy Counseling
Family Legacy Counseling is expanding our services. We’re looking for a seasoned clinician with experience working with children, providing both individual and family therapy. This position as an independent contractor offers the opportunity to work within a private practice group setting. The ideal candidate possesses excellent professional training, experience and clinical skills, along with the values of compassion and integrity in dealing with patients.
Well-established in the Des Moines metro area, Family Legacy Counseling has provided mental health services for the past 25 years. The practice is greatly involved in providing service to the Des Moines area church community, local medical professionals, and to the community at large. Our referral base is solid, drawing from a wide area of the Des Moines metro area and surrounding communities in central Iowa.
While we’re a group of independent practitioners with a variety of backgrounds and training, we share a common Christian faith and enjoy working together as colleagues. As a group practice, we value the benefits of consultation and camaraderie, and prioritize a work environment characterized by supportive relationships. Our staff encourage one another in our individual endeavors of speaking, writing, and church and community involvement. In addition, we occasionally partner together in presentations offered to the community.
Part/Full Time Job Description:
- Conduct formal clinical assessments of newly admitted clients
- Provide outpatient counseling to help children experience success, have hope, and build resiliency in their lives
- Evaluate and assess children, adolescents, and families and develop specific mental health treatment plans
- Offer clinical consultation to parents, extended family, teachers and other adult caregivers as needed
- Develop clinical practice through networking with pastors, physicians, schools
- Perform psychological and psychoeducational evaluations (optional)
- Outstanding Compensation: typical range of 100-125k for 25-35 clinical hours on 48 week calendar of work
Minimum Education: Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology or related field OR Master’s degree in a clinical discipline (i.e., clinical or counseling psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy).
Minimum Licensure Requirements: Licensed as a PSY. D, LISW, LMSW, LMHC, or LMFT. Pre-licensed LMHC’s and LMFT’s will be considered.
Qualified candidates wanting more information may contact our office at (515) 727-1338 and ask to speak with Dr. Joel Ashby. Or email Dr. Ashby at email@example.com
Director of Counseling Services at Augustana College (IL)
October 30, 2018
DIRECTOR OF COUNSELING SERVICES
Augustana College, Rock Island, Illinois
Augustana College welcomes applications and nominations for the position of Director of Counseling Services. For full consideration for this position, submit an application by November 23, 2018. The Director of Counseling Services will join Augustana at an exciting time under the direction of the college’s newly appointed Dean of Students, Dr. Wesley Brooks. As an expert clinician and administrator, the new director will collaborate with Dr. Brooks to refine and shape Augustana’s counseling practices to meet the changing needs of the campus community. The college also will hire an inaugural Director of Student Well-Being who will engage in pro-active offerings in conjunction with our Counseling Services.
Augustana College is a private, selective, residential college of the liberal arts and sciences with
enrollment of 2,600 students. Our current cohort of students includes 29% first-generation students, 23% Pell Grant recipients, 21% students of color and 9% international students. The director and two licensed counselors, one full-time and one half-time, provide counseling to enrolled students without charge.
Our beautiful, residential 115-acre campus is located in Rock Island, Illinois, part of the Quad-Cities
metropolitan area along the Mississippi River, 165 miles west of Chicago. Augustana awards the Bachelor of Arts in about 90 majors and related academic programs. The college has had a Phi Beta Kappa chapter since 1950, and is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. President Steven C. Bahls
is Augustana’s eighth president.
As an excellent liberal arts college that will continue to thrive throughout the 21st century, Augustana seeks a Director of Counseling Services who is committed to pursuing the college’s strategic goals, to promoting a safe and healthy campus that is welcoming and inclusive of all students who want to learn here, and to supporting students mental and emotional well-being both while they are on campus and beyond.
KEY LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Serve as the senior member of the counseling team. The Director of Counseling Services will
be a working clinician, providing psychotherapy services to students for a wide range of mental health needs. The director will supervise and work with staff members, providing oversight of case loads and provision case consultation.
- Provide leadership to Counseling Services including strategic direction of the department
consistent with best practices in college student mental health, as well as administrative oversight of services, policies, budget and reporting. A key challenge will be working collaboratively on a model of service to meet the increasing demand from a diverse student population.
- Develop a counselor-on-call protocol and schedule that are equitable, sustainable and readily communicated across staff and campus partners.
- Work collaboratively with the inaugural Director of Student Well-Being and Dean of Students to engage faculty and staff across campus in assisting in the work of supporting the mental and emotional well-being of all students.
- Serve as a key member of the risk assessment team, evaluating individual circumstances to create the best outcomes for students and the campus community.
APPLICATION AND NOMINATION
- A STUDENT-FOCUSED PROFESSIONAL who sees the education, safety, growth and well-being of students as the utmost priority, and who also builds collaborative relationships with other members of the college community to support the education and experience of Augustana students above all
- A SKILLED COUNSELOR who is invigorated by the work of providing general counseling services to an undergraduate student population
- A STRONG ADVOCATE FOR DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION who brings experience and knowledge to advance Augustana’s commitment to building an exemplary community that cherishes diversity of all kinds
- A PROBLEM-SOLVER who is committed to navigating the mental health issues and challenges facing students, families and educators today
- A MOTIVATIONAL MANAGER who is capable of managing, leading and developing staff within the counseling office, and who also has the administrative skills to manage budgets and records
- A COLLABORATIVE PROFESSIONAL who enjoys working with others across campus to solve
problems and improve the student experience
- A VALUES-CENTERED PERSON who leads by example, and for whom honesty, integrity, caring and inclusion matter in both work and personal life
Education & Experience: Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology or master’s degree in social work or counseling, with 7-10 years of professional experience providing services and/or leading mental health professionals. Experience working with student populations and/or experience in a higher education setting is highly preferred. Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed in Illinois.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, including salary requirements, and résumé to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 23, 2018, for full consideration. Résumé review will begin immediately.
VISIT THE AUGUSTANA COLLEGE WEBSITE AT WWW.AUGUSTANA.EDU
Augustana College is an equal opportunity employer. It is Augustana College’s intent and policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.