Therapist Opening in Ankeny
February 16, 2018
Thrive Counseling Center (in Ankeny, IA) is expanding and we are looking to hire 2 licensed mental health professionals. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and driven individual who is looking to work 15+ flexible hours per week in a private practice setting. Due to Thrive CC thriving we have several new client referrals coming in on a weekly basis and we would love to expand our team in order to accommodate these new clients.
- Set your own hours and schedule
- Individual furnished office provided
- Retirement match program available
- Competitive percentages
- Continuing Education allowance
- Collaborative environment with other therapists
- Billing, administrative assistance and referrals are included
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Amy Halls at firstname.lastname@example.org
Therapist Position in Des Moines with YESS
February 13, 2018
YOUTH EMERGENCY SERVICES & SHELTER JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Mental Health Therapist
REPORTS TO: Chief Behavioral Health Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Production Based Pay
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Mental Health Therapist position provides assessment and therapy services to children, teens and/or families on an outpatient basis. Counseling services may include: outpatient mental health therapy through private insurance, Medicaid, or private pay; substance abuse services (with appropriate licensure); and short term counseling. This position may also provide therapy services and assessments to youth while they are residing in shelter.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Licensed in the state of Iowa; Applicants working toward independent licensure in their field will be provided weekly individual and group supervision
- Clinical/counseling experience working with children and/or families
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive and collaborative relationships with clients, families, colleagues and others in the human services field
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THE POSITION:
- Provide evidence-based therapy services to youth and/or families on an outpatient basis
- Conduct intake and mental health assessments (as appropriate per licensure/credentials) and make appropriate referrals
- Conduct individual and/or group therapy services for youth within the shelter if appropriate
- Maintain complete and up-to-date files for all clients
- Attend team meetings, clinical consultations, supervision, and other appropriate meetings as assigned
- Meet billable expectations
- Clinical on call as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
- Health Insurance
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vision Discount Program
- Dental Insurance
- Life, accidental death, & dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with employee match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development/Training Opportunities
To learn more about Youth Emergency Services and Shelter (YESS), our staff, and the services we provide to youth, visit our website at www.yessiowa.org.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. *The work environment requires an ability to sit or stand for extended periods. Work involves walking and running, talking and hearing to exchange information, and using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. *The work environment requires the employee be capable of pushing, pulling or lifting and/or carrying up to 25 pounds. *The work requires an ability to perform techniques of Safe Crisis Management as needed and appropriate *Noise level in work environment is generally low to moderate.
** Youth Emergency Services & Shelter reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description as needed to meet the needs of the agency, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains at-will. These job requirements are subject to change to reasonable accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to: Sara Swansen, Ph.D.; email@example.com. Licensed Psychologist, Chief Behavioral Health Officer, Youth Emergency Services and Shelter (YESS); 515-282-9377
Therapists needed in Orange City and Sioux Center
February 1, 2018
All Things New Therapy Services, Inc. is seeking full and part-time licensed mental health therapists for our Orange City, IA and Sioux Center, IA locations. All Things New serves children, families, couples, and adults. We serve with a faith-based foundation. All applicants may submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinician Wanted at Family Legacy Counseling in Johnston, IA
January 29, 2018
We are looking for a licensed clinician with experience working with children and their families. This position as an independent contractor offers the opportunity for you to quickly develop a private practice in a well-established team setting, with scheduling being flexible (part-time or full-time), and you setting your own schedule. Our support of you in your practice is comprehensive, and includes billing, scheduling, referrals, and other administrative assistance.
Family Legacy Counseling has provided mental health services for the past 25 years. Our practice has high name-recognition and a solid referral base in central Iowa, in the church community, in the local medical and counseling professions, as well as in the community at large. Our practice is seeing a greater demand than we can currently meet for competent and caring child therapists.
As a group practice, we value the benefits of consultation and camaraderie, and prioritize a work environment characterized by supportive relationships. The ideal candidate would be licensed and having 5+ years experience working with children and adolescents, possessing excellent professional training, along with the values of compassion and integrity in dealing with patients. Our average full-time clinician (working 30 billable hours) takes home approximately $100-115K/year.
Full or Part-time Therapists in West Des Moines
September 8, 2017
Glen Haven Counseling Resources is a thriving private/shared group practice that is looking for full or part time Iowa licensed therapists, (Ph.D., Psy.D., LISW, LMHC), to join us in West Des Moines. We provide professional outpatient clinical services to a wide variety of individuals, couples, families and children in our growing and active suburban community. Feel free to learn more about us at
If you are interested please send a resume, complete curriculum vitae and 2 letters of recommendation to Dr. Daniel Earle at email@example.com or mail to 3408 Woodland Ave., Suite 102 West Des Moines, IA 50266 and/or call us at 515-225-2015.
Play Therapists-Central Iowa School Based MH Program
September 6, 2017
Job Opportunities: Hiring Play Therapists for 56 Central Iowa School Based Mental Health Program
You'll enjoy a Great Work Environment, Great Hours! Great Pay! Fully licensed Full-time therapists earn from 50-60K based on insurance reimbursements. Temporarily licensed therapists may apply and supervision is provided at no cost( with a one-year committment post licensure).
401 K Plan with generous match after 1 year.
Positions available in Marion, Polk , Dallas, Jasper, Warren, Greene, Story and Madison schools.
School-based Mental Health Therapist-
Integrative Counseling Solutions, Inc. seeks an individual with a Master's degree and a LISW, LMSW, LMHC, LMFT, to join our growing School Based Team. Additional certification in EMDR, RPT, RPT-S and CADC are desirable.
Year round position with flexible summer hours and play therapy training offered through Integrative's Institute of Play Therapy.
- Evaluating and assessing children, parents and families and developing specific mental health treatment plan.
- Providing individual and family therapy services with emphasis on dealing with trauma and building resilience.
- Collaborating with school staff to meet needs of children and families.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references to:
Integrative Counseling Solutions, Inc.;
1200 Valley West Drive #302;
West Des Moines, IA 50131;
Fax – 515-267-1355;
or APPLY ONLINE AT: https://www.integrativecs.net/hiring
Hiring: Therapists with experience using Play Therapy Techniques, RPT, RPT-S, or those with CADC and/or EMDR trainning for 56 Central Iowa School Based Mental Health Program
Come Play with Us! We are an interdisciplinary team of 13 licensed therapists, 6 skill development counselors, Psychiatrist and Psych Nurse. If you are dedicated to changing the lives of children and being a lifelong learner you will be the right fit for our team. We are Integrative Counseling Solutions, Inc. serving Central Iowa schools and 2 offices with School and Office Based Mental Health for over 9 years.
We have just begun our journey into training with Integrative's Institute of Play Therapy Training. You will enjoy the benefit of training ($20/day including lunch) with Iowa's premier Play Therapist professors/instructors.
Please apply above or email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Therapist at UNI
September 4, 2017
Provides assessment and individual and group therapy to a diverse student population; provides consultation to faculty and staff regarding students’ counseling needs; plans and conducts workshops and other outreach activities for various university groups; participates in training and professional development activities; provides crisis assessment and intervention services; and practices in accordance with appropriate legal and ethical standards.
Master’s or doctoral degree in mental health counseling, psychology, social work, or marriage and family therapy plus at least two years of experience providing direct client therapy required. Iowa licensure as a mental health counselor, psychologist, social worker, or marriage and family therapist or ability to attain a license within one year of hire also required. College counseling center experience and experience serving diverse and underserved populations preferred. Criminal and other relevant background checks required.
UNI actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University encourages applications from persons of color, women, individuals living with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.
The University offers an excellent benefits package including a vacation plan, employer sponsored retirement plans, health and dental insurance, and life and disability insurance. Application materials received by Friday, September 15, 2017 will be given first consideration. For more information or to apply, visit http://jobs.uni.edu. UNI is a tobacco free campus.
Director of Clinical and Community Services; Candeo
July 25, 2017
Candeo is offering a unique opportunity to the right individual. Candeo has historically been a Home and Community Based provider of services to individuals with an intellectual disability, brain injury and/or mental health diagnosis and specializes in dual diagnosis of ID/MH. We are expanding services to include BHIS and therapy to give our clients the opportunity for a holistic approach to services. Our Director of Clinical and Community Services will have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with our HCBS services and work with strong operational and executive level teams to build the mental health supports.
The right individual will have a proven track record of expanding services and a strong supervisory history. Master’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences, Human Services or Social Work. All applicants are required to possess a current licensure as an LISW, LMFT, LMHC or Clinical Psychologist with at least 3-5 years of clinical and supervision experience and the ability to provide counseling and mental health services.
The Director of Clinical and Community Services will be responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and coordinating through supervisors and key professional personnel the functions of the community-based services to assure effective programs and operations in accordance with the agency philosophy, mission, goals, policies, standards and practices. Direction and guidance are available from the Chief Executive Officer. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and full benefits.
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences, Human Services or Social Work
- Current LISW, LMFT, LMHC or Psychology with at least 3-5 years of clinical and supervision experience and able to provide counseling and mental health services.
- Knowledge of and the ability to promote implementation of effective service delivery
- Understanding of both clinical and community outcomes
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement current theoretical approaches
- Knowledge of and the willingness to utilize viable resources within the community as an adjunct to treatment
- Knowledge of service evaluation and development
- Training in psychosocial functioning, assessment skills and intervention strategies, mobilization of individual and/or family strengths, and the role of the social, economic, and environmental factors in the development and resolution of personal and family needs.
Skill or Proficiency Requirements:
- Demonstrates importance of empowering individual and the value of person-centered services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and familiar with EHR Software
- Exceptionally effective organizational, time management and stress management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity
Ames: Clear Brook Counseling Professionals
June 22, 2017
We each have our specialty. And at Clear Brook Counseling Professionals, we work together to provide therapy — family, couples, or individual — that will deliver the best results for all unique needs. We believe life has meaning, and every moment is worth living. That’s the end goal. At Clear Brook the experience is a coordinated team of counselors, proven treatment, and techniques that work. Counseling and therapy are more than sitting on a couch. The process is about finding clarity in the situation, taking action and seeing change. Clear Brook Counseling Professionals weave proven practices and life-exercises into therapy to help foster results.
Specific Clinical Therapist Duties:
- Facilitating client access to care
- Documenting and reporting to referral providers
- Participating on multidisciplinary teams to present cases for proper treatment
- Attending monthly in-service trainings, and weekly case reviews
Required licenses or certifications:
- Temporary Licensed MHC or MFT
- Licensed Psychologists
Therapist Wanted in Quad City Area
May 10, 2017
Iowa licensed mental health counselor, marriage and family therapist, or social worker needed part time for a thriving private practice in the Quad City, Clinton area. This is an independent contractor position with a good referral base and unlimited clientele potential. Good office and billing support with quick turnaround. Must be willing to work with children and adults. This is an excellent opportunity for extra income for those of us who love doing therapy. If interested, please contact Jan Green at email@example.com