Counselor needed at Indian Hills Community College in Ottumwa
April 4, 2021
Provide assessment and individual and group therapy to a diverse student population; provide consultation to faculty and staff regarding students' counseling needs; assists with planning and conducting of workshops, training, professional development and other outreach activities at all IHCC locations; provides crisis assessment and intervention services; and practices in accordance with appropriate legal and ethical standards. Minimum Master's Degree in counseling, counselor education, counseling psychology, social work, or closely related field and eligible for Iowa licensure as a mental health counselor, psychologist, social worker, or marriage and family therapist is required. Minimum two years' experience providing direct client therapy.
Various Positions Open with Psychiatric Medical Care
March 28, 2021
- We have openings in Centerville, Webster City, Mt Ayr and Keosauqua, IA! Please contact Sophie Letendre to learn more: email@example.com
The Therapist provides therapeutic services for patients utilizing group, individual, and family therapy sessions to older adults in an intensive outpatient environment. They work within a small, interdisciplinary team with a focus on quality patient care and provision of services ordered by a physician. The Licensed Therapist documents all completed services in compliance with provided standards and regulations and is thorough with details and organization.
- Care – Provide the best possible patient care
- Compliance – Ensure the program operates within all regulations
- Community – Become a wonderful addition to your local community
A. Care: All employees are expected to provide the best possible patient care.
- Ensure accurate completion of the psychosocial assessment on each patient.
- Ensure accurate completion of group psychotherapy notes for each patient.
- Ensure accurate completion of treatment plans.
- Demonstrate understanding of mental health assessment of older adults.
- Demonstrate an understanding of gerontological counseling treatment, group therapy, theory, and evidenced based practices.
- Provide understanding of gerontological case management.
- Ensure understanding of mental disorders associated with aging.
B. Compliance: Ensure the program operates within all regulations
- Participate in outcome studies timelines, understanding of administration of the tests and when they are to be reported.
- Participate in treatment team meetings with medical director.
- Comply with 25-point check list.
- Complete all notes in prescribed timeline.
- Comply with all regulations.
C. Community: Become a wonderful addition to your local community.
- Demonstrate understanding of community education definitions and activities.
- Participate in customer service training as it relates to community integration.
- Present Senior Life Solutions to community as directed by Program Director.
- Participate in cohesive team environment to ensure program success.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: master’s degree in social work from an accredited graduate school of social work or master’s degree in other counseling related field.
- Licensure: License in Social Work or Counseling as recognized by state. May include LCSW, LPC, LMFT, etc.
- Certification: Must meet any applicable state certification standards.
- Experience: Two to three years of clinical experience with older persons, extensive group work, hospital or nursing home experience preferred.
- Incumbent will be exposed to virus, disease, infection from patients.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position required intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as lifting, driving and supporting patients.
- This position has no direct reports.
Director of Clinical Services at Candeo (Johnston)
March 10, 2021
Position Title: Director of Clinical Services (DOCS)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Position Purpose, Authority and Accountability:
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Clinical Services (DOCS) will plan, organize, direct and coordinate clinical services of the organization to assure effective operations in accordance with the agency philosophy, mission, goals, policies, standards and practices. The Director will also provide direct clinical services as determined by the CEO.
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences, Human Services, Social Work or Psychology
- Current LISW, LMFT or LMHC with at least 3-5 years of clinical and supervision experience and able to provide counseling and mental health services.
- Understanding of clinical outcomes
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement current theoretical approaches.
- Knowledge of and the willingness to utilize viable resources within the community as an adjunct to treatment.
- Training in psychosocial functioning, assessment skills and intervention strategies, mobilization of individual and/or family strengths, and the role of the social, economic, and environmental factors in the development and resolution of personal and family needs.
- 1,000,000/3,000,000 Liability Insurance
- Valid Iowa Driver’s License
- Proof of 20/40/15K Automobile Insurance
- Valid telephone and address
Skill or Proficiency Requirements:
- Clinical expertise in crisis intervention, skills in working with individuals with mental illness and with individuals and families undergoing acute episodes of psychiatric distress, skills in diagnosis and assessment.
- Ability to work as part of a comprehensive community mental health team and to represent the agency in the community.
- Ability to lead a staff of professionals.
- Familiarity with Community support systems, health care and human service resources, court and police activities, etc.
- Flexibility in days and hours available for work including weekends.
- Ability to adhere to the professional code of ethics to the strictest standards of the identified professional body.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with state mental health code and funding rules and requirements.
- Demonstrates importance of empowering individuals and the value of person-centered services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and familiar with EHR Software
- Exceptionally effective organizational, time management and stress management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and communications skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Must be able to pass criminal history, motor vehicle, child abuse, dependent adult abuse and sex offender registry background checks.
- Possess a motor vehicle that meets the required operational and maintenance guidelines, that are in accordance with the Iowa Department of Transportation motor vehicle safety standards and Candeo’s Motor Vehicle Guidelines
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise the clinical staff, evaluates employee performance, and makes recommendations for employment actions to the CEO.
- Directs the daily operations of clinical staff and schedules meetings, services, and oversees coverage of clinical staff.
- Assures adherence to regulations governing human resource policies, confidentiality, and ethical practices.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources department to maintain policies and procedures for the recruitment, selection and hiring of new therapists.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources department to maintain policies and procedures and the accuracy of the Clinical Therapy Handbook
- Coordinates training and development to promote continued personal and professional growth.
- Available for clinical staff consultation
- Assists therapists in administering mental health assessments and make appropriate treatment recommendations.
- Develops and implements services related to mental health treatment.
- Supervises the development and updates of treatment plans.
- Provides trainings related to mental health diagnosis and possible interventions.
- Ensures all credentialing panels and accreditations are current.
- Provides individual, group and family therapy as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring day to day operations
- Responsible for the provision of ongoing service evaluation
- Responsible for quality assurance in the clinical team’s service delivery including clinical care and documentation.
- Recommends changes to improve service delivery and implements changes and new programming.
- Ensures continuity of care in the provision of comprehensive services and for coordinating communication with other departments.
- Provides field instruction for students in their respective professional discipline as opportunities permit.
- Supervises the internship program at Candeo.
- Responsible for ensuring all service documentation meets federal, state and contract requirements.
- Responsible for managing conflict, complaints for clients in clinical services.
- Analyzes trends and current practices for improvement of service effectiveness.
- Responsible for monitoring the company’s adherence to agency policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring client files and records are maintained in accordance with the State of Iowa and HIPAA regulations.
- Communicates with referral sources about client progress.
- Regularly attends meetings related to clinical services.
- Pursues formal/informal continuing education to maintain licensure and enhance knowledge in areas related to clinical services.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with other agencies, professional organizations, and community organizations to create positive public relations and to keep current with the needs in the community for clinical services.
- Establishes and maintains referral sources and implements marketing activities in order to grow the Therapy department.
- Implement and manage clinical budget to adhere to regulations of funding sources.
- Oversees compliance activities related to Clinical services.
- Responsible for ongoing exploration of alternative funding sources.
Physical Demands/Working conditions\p>
- Handles detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously and make rapid decisions regarding issues.
- Plans and meets deadlines, maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of supervising clinical services, while maintaining a caseload of clients.
- Conveys a professional and positive image and attitude regarding Candeo and the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development.
Therapist wanted in Grinnell (temp license possible)
March 10, 2021
Davis Psychological Services, PC in Grinnell has a position available for a therapist. It is a well-established, thriving practice that offers a pleasant working environment. The position offers a great deal of flexibility and allows you to set your own schedule. A fully licensed individual is preferred, but supervision toward licensure can be provided. The position pays up to 80% (depending on experience and licensure) of the revenue generated by the therapist, which could easily be over $90,000 per year. Email Brandon Davis, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org
) for more information.
Outpatient Therapist wanted in Spirit Lake
January 26, 2021
Join our expanding team of caring professionals. Plains Area Mental Health has an opening for full time LISW, LMHC, LMFT or LMSW to do outpatient counseling in our Spirit Lake, Iowa office location. Sign on bonus. CADC and/or bilingual ability a plus. Plains Area sites are approved for NHSC loan repayment. Plains Area offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
If you are interested in joining our progressive team,
complete and submit resume and application found at: https://plainsareamentalhealth.org/careers/application/
Outpatient LMHC Position in Atlantic, IA
January 14, 2021
A rewarding opportunity is available with Zion Recovery Services/Southwest Iowa Mental Health Center's Atlantic IA office. We are looking for a Licensed Mental Health Counselor to provide mental health services in an outpatient setting. The position is M-F (8-5), no weekends, no evenings and we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (Health, Vision, IPERS, EAP, etc.). Billing and admin staff provided.
Qualified candidates will have a master’ degree or higher in psychology, counseling, or social work field. Candidates must be independently licensed in the State of Iowa (LMHC, LISW, LMFT), and must have at least 2 years experience in counseling, psychology, social work, or mental health field. Clinical supervision for provisionally licensed therapist may be provided for tLMHC and tLMFT and negotiated in job/compensation package. Must be self motivated with excellent teamwork philosophy with strong organizational and communication skills.
Background investigation and employment drug testing required.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email resumes to Jennifer Anderson at email@example.com.
Urbandale: Therapist wanted (Temp. licensee may apply)
November 28, 2020
NEW HEIGHTS COUNSELING RESOURCES, INC.
JOIN OUR TEAM! We are seeking an independently licensed individual that is interested in working alongside an excellent team of other therapists!
Qualified candidates will have a master’ degree or higher in psychology, counseling, or social work field. Candidates must be independently licensed in the State of Iowa (LMHC, LISW, LMFT, LP), and must have at least 2 years experience in counseling, psychology, social work, or mental health field.
Temporary Licensed (tLMHC, tLMFT) candidates welcome to apply as well.
*We are looking for candidates open to working some evening hours as part of their client base*
For more information about the opportunity to join the New Heights team, please contact us at:
Ask for Jessica Romey or Jim Wilwerding
Therapist wanted in Grinnell, IA
November 11, 2020
Davis Psychological Services, PC in Grinnell has a position available for a therapist. It is a well-established, thriving practice that offers a pleasant working environment. An applicant with an interest in seeing children would get special consideration, but is not required. The position offers a great deal of flexibility and allows you to set your own schedule. A fully licensed individual is preferred, but supervision toward licensure can be provided. The position pays up to 80% (depending on experience and licensure) of the revenue generated by the therapist, which could easily be over $90,000. Email Brandon Davis, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org
) for more information.
Opening for a private practice clinician (sharing cost) in Adel
October 19, 2020
Adel Mental Health is a friendly, welcoming team of three therapists looking to add a private practice clinician to our team. We are all our own independent practices, so there isn't a fee split. We share overhead costs like rent, marketing and office supplies. There is a potential to inherit clients right away from our current team, so building to a caseload will happen quickly. The ideal candidate is licensed in the state of Iowa and credentialed with insurance providers, or willing/able to become credentialed. We prefer a clinician who is able to carry a full-time caseload (around 20 sessions per week) but we are willing to consider part-time candidates. We are seeking a clinician who can treat a range of diagnoses and is able to work with clients of many ages and stages. Please submit your resume to email@example.com
or fax to 515-993-1922.
Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator at Grand View University
October 6, 2020
Position Title: Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator
Department: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
College: Social and Natural Sciences
Contract Term: 9 months, Full time, On Campus, Tenure Track
The Clinical Coordinator for the online Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) is principally responsible for coordinating, supervising, and managing the academic aspects of the student practicum and internships of the CMHC program. The position requires licensure as an LMHC, the ability to maintain current licensure in the state of Iowa, an earned doctorate in counseling from CACREP accredited program or counseling-related degree, familiarity with CACREP accreditation standards, and clinical experience as a counselor. The successful applicant must have knowledge and skills necessary for curriculum development, instruction, and evaluation at the graduate level. Active participation in professional organizations and ongoing professional development specific to the responsibilities of the position is an expectation.
The Clinical Coordinator is a full-time, on-campus tenure track faculty member with all of the rights and responsibilities of other full-time faculty at Grand View University in similar leadership positions. A strong commitment to the academic success of all of our CMHC Grand View University Graduate students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are the first generation to college, veterans, diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and diverse sexual orientations.
- Teach a minimum of 18 credits per year including teaching practicum, and internship courses that require weekly faculty supervision. This will include teaching 1 summer course.
- Assist the Program Director with the operation of the M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate field placement for graduate counseling students.
- Monitor, assess, and guide field placement and provide support and consultation to students and site supervisors.
- Familiarity with technology to assess student competencies and benchmarks.
- Engage in research/scholarly/continuing education activity appropriate to the discipline.
- Actively participate in related professional organizations including ACA but not limited to.
- Organize practicum and internship manual, course development, site placements.
- Provide reports, assess, and guide field placement, and site supervisors and/or updates to the Program Director on student progress, the status of clinical/field sites, and problems encountered in placements and/or remediation.