Program Director/Professor at Grand View University
Position: Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program Director and Assistant Professor of Psychology
EFFECTIVE DATE: Summer 2020
- An earned doctorate in counseling or counseling-related area from a regionally accredited school – preferably from a CACREP-accredited program, or a related doctoral degree with at least one year of employment as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program before July 1, 2013.
- Prior experience providing direct patient care/working as a counselor
- Initial rank determined by experience and credentials
- Three years of teaching experience including courses in counselor education.
- Three years of experience as a licensed therapist
- Previous relevant supervisory experience
- Familiarity with CACREP and NBCC accreditation standards
- Licensure in Mental Health Counseling, or ability to earn licensure within first six months of employment.
The Program Director is principally responsible for all academic and administrative aspects of the CMHC program. This includes development, implementation and assessment of the curriculum, marketing and recruiting, and advising students. The Program Director is expected to be an active participant in appropriate professional counseling organizations. The successful candidate is expected to meet the teaching, scholarly and service expectations of a tenure-track faculty member. Teaching responsibilities and contract length are TBD and will be assigned to meet program needs.
Review of applications will begin December 8, 2019. Position will remain open until filled.
All applications must include a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and research interests that address the above minimum and desired/preferred qualifications, copies of all transcripts that include relevant course work, and contact information for three references. All applicants must apply through our online application process.
Grand View University is an equal opportunity employer. The University has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, members of minority groups and people with disabilities.
Pre-employment background check required.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.