Position Purpose, Authority and Accountability:
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Clinical Services (DOCS) will plan, organize, direct and coordinate clinical services of the organization to assure effective operations in accordance with the agency philosophy, mission, goals, policies, standards and practices. The Director will also provide direct clinical services as determined by the CEO.
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences, Human Services, Social Work or Psychology
- Current LISW, LMFT or LMHC with at least 3-5 years of clinical and supervision experience and able to provide counseling and mental health services.
- Understanding of clinical outcomes
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement current theoretical approaches.
- Knowledge of and the willingness to utilize viable resources within the community as an adjunct to treatment.
- Training in psychosocial functioning, assessment skills and intervention strategies, mobilization of individual and/or family strengths, and the role of the social, economic, and environmental factors in the development and resolution of personal and family needs.
- 1,000,000/3,000,000 Liability Insurance
- Valid Iowa Driver’s License
- Proof of 20/40/15K Automobile Insurance
- Valid telephone and address
Skill or Proficiency Requirements:
- Clinical expertise in crisis intervention, skills in working with individuals with mental illness and with individuals and families undergoing acute episodes of psychiatric distress, skills in diagnosis and assessment.
- Ability to work as part of a comprehensive community mental health team and to represent the agency in the community.
- Ability to lead a staff of professionals.
- Familiarity with Community support systems, health care and human service resources, court and police activities, etc.
- Flexibility in days and hours available for work including weekends.
- Ability to adhere to the professional code of ethics to the strictest standards of the identified professional body.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with state mental health code and funding rules and requirements.
- Demonstrates importance of empowering individuals and the value of person-centered services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and familiar with EHR Software
- Exceptionally effective organizational, time management and stress management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and communications skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Must be able to pass criminal history, motor vehicle, child abuse, dependent adult abuse and sex offender registry background checks.
- Possess a motor vehicle that meets the required operational and maintenance guidelines, that are in accordance with the Iowa Department of Transportation motor vehicle safety standards and Candeo’s Motor Vehicle Guidelines
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise the clinical staff, evaluates employee performance, and makes recommendations for employment actions to the CEO.
- Directs the daily operations of clinical staff and schedules meetings, services, and oversees coverage of clinical staff.
- Assures adherence to regulations governing human resource policies, confidentiality, and ethical practices.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources department to maintain policies and procedures for the recruitment, selection and hiring of new therapists.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources department to maintain policies and procedures and the accuracy of the Clinical Therapy Handbook
- Coordinates training and development to promote continued personal and professional growth.
- Available for clinical staff consultation
- Assists therapists in administering mental health assessments and make appropriate treatment recommendations.
- Develops and implements services related to mental health treatment.
- Supervises the development and updates of treatment plans.
- Provides trainings related to mental health diagnosis and possible interventions.
- Ensures all credentialing panels and accreditations are current.
- Provides individual, group and family therapy as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring day to day operations
- Responsible for the provision of ongoing service evaluation
- Responsible for quality assurance in the clinical team’s service delivery including clinical care and documentation.
- Recommends changes to improve service delivery and implements changes and new programming.
- Ensures continuity of care in the provision of comprehensive services and for coordinating communication with other departments.
- Provides field instruction for students in their respective professional discipline as opportunities permit.
- Supervises the internship program at Candeo.
- Responsible for ensuring all service documentation meets federal, state and contract requirements.
- Responsible for managing conflict, complaints for clients in clinical services.
- Analyzes trends and current practices for improvement of service effectiveness.
- Responsible for monitoring the company’s adherence to agency policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring client files and records are maintained in accordance with the State of Iowa and HIPAA regulations.
- Communicates with referral sources about client progress.
- Regularly attends meetings related to clinical services.
- Pursues formal/informal continuing education to maintain licensure and enhance knowledge in areas related to clinical services.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with other agencies, professional organizations, and community organizations to create positive public relations and to keep current with the needs in the community for clinical services.
- Establishes and maintains referral sources and implements marketing activities in order to grow the Therapy department.
- Implement and manage clinical budget to adhere to regulations of funding sources.
- Oversees compliance activities related to Clinical services.
- Responsible for ongoing exploration of alternative funding sources.
Physical Demands/Working conditions\p>
- Handles detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously and make rapid decisions regarding issues.
- Plans and meets deadlines, maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of supervising clinical services, while maintaining a caseload of clients.
- Conveys a professional and positive image and attitude regarding Candeo and the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development.