Child Therapist Position Available with Family Legacy Counseling
Family Legacy Counseling is expanding our services. We’re looking for a seasoned clinician with experience working with children, providing both individual and family therapy. This position as an independent contractor offers the opportunity to work within a private practice group setting. The ideal candidate possesses excellent professional training, experience and clinical skills, along with the values of compassion and integrity in dealing with patients.
Well-established in the Des Moines metro area, Family Legacy Counseling has provided mental health services for the past 25 years. The practice is greatly involved in providing service to the Des Moines area church community, local medical professionals, and to the community at large. Our referral base is solid, drawing from a wide area of the Des Moines metro area and surrounding communities in central Iowa.
While we’re a group of independent practitioners with a variety of backgrounds and training, we share a common Christian faith and enjoy working together as colleagues. As a group practice, we value the benefits of consultation and camaraderie, and prioritize a work environment characterized by supportive relationships. Our staff encourage one another in our individual endeavors of speaking, writing, and church and community involvement. In addition, we occasionally partner together in presentations offered to the community.
Part/Full Time Job Description:
– Conduct formal clinical assessments of newly admitted clients
– Provide outpatient counseling to help children experience success, have hope, and build resiliency in their lives
– Evaluate and assess children, adolescents, and families and develop specific mental health treatment plans
– Offer clinical consultation to parents, extended family, teachers and other adult caregivers as needed
– Develop clinical practice through networking with pastors, physicians, schools
– Perform psychological and psychoeducational evaluations (optional)
– Outstanding Compensation: typical range of 100-125k for 25-35 clinical hours on 48 week calendar of work
Minimum Education: Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology or related field OR Master’s degree in a clinical discipline (i.e., clinical or counseling psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy).
Minimum Licensure Requirements: Licensed as a PSY. D, LISW, LMSW, LMHC, or LMFT. Pre-licensed LMHC’s and LMFT’s will be considered.
Qualified candidates wanting more information may contact our office at (515) 727-1338 and ask to speak with Dr. Joel Ashby. Or email Dr. Ashby at email@example.com