Counseling at Central College
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Assistant Dean of Students to provide Central students with personal counseling, referrals, and educational resources. Daily contact with students, faculty and staff, and regular contact with mental health providers in the area
- Provide short-term individual student counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention, and/or referrals as needed for students.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of policies and procedures regarding students with emotional and personal problems.
- Consult with and advise faculty and staff about students with emotional and personal problems, as appropriate, and in accordance with ethical standards and guidelines as cited by the American Counseling Association.
- Assist with the development of referral resources for students; collaborate with area mental health and medical providers.
- Document, organize, and manage client records in accordance with professional standards and state and federal laws.
- Serves as a member of Student Development; collaborate with the staff on student needs, problems and programming; participate in meetings, and functions as requested.
Performs other duties on a non-repeating basis as requested
- Master’s degree in counseling or related area required;
- Minimum of two (2) years of counseling experience preferably with college students and familiarity with a residential liberal arts college.
- Experience with counseling individuals about depression, eating disorders, anxiety, substance abuse, self-harm, and sexual assault is desired.
- Current state license or state license-eligible.
- Experience with educational outreach and programming opportunities in the college setting
Central College is an equal opportunity employer and a drug/tobacco free workplace. A post offer background check will be conducted.
Please contact Human Resources with application questions by calling 641-628-5156 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.