Easter Seals of Iowa Seeks Clinicians
Easterseals Iowa recently opened Polk County’s first Crisis Stabilization program, providing service both at our serene Camp Sunnyside location as well as in the community. Crisis Stabilization Services, the final service in implementing a comprehensive Children’s Behavioral Health System in Iowa, are designed to support children and families experiencing a mental health crisis in developing a stabilization plan to return as soon as possible to pre-crisis family life. Clients receive services either Residentially at Camp Sunnyside, or where they live, learn and play in the community. Crisis Stabilization is intended to be a 5 day service for each family. We are focused on providing family-centered and evidence-based services through our team of Stabilization Clinicians (licensed mental health professionals), Stabilization Professionals (professionals with a degree in the field), and Family Peer Support Specialists (certified family members of children living with Serious Emotional Disturbance).
We are hiring two more clinicians (LMSW, LISW, t-LMHC, LMHC, t-LMFT, LMFT) for this team. Crisis Stabilization Services are offered up to 24-hours 365 days a year. Clinicians will work regularly scheduled hours, though flexibility to meet client need is required, especially for community based services. We are hiring one clinician to work Monday through Friday, and a second clinician to work Friday through Monday, providing overlap in order to ensure a successful transition through the program for families. All team members will participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
Job duties include: residential and community based crisis assessments, family therapy, group therapy, and development of WRAP plans with the family and team. Clinicians will participate in daily rounds and if clinicians are interested can also provide after care education or other aftercare programming.
- A predictable and highly competitive salary ($45-$65k a year) with an opportunity for annual raises and bonuses
- Receive expert training in Crisis Intervention Training, Collaborative Problem Solving (including certification), and WRAP, as well as learn to utilize the Skills System (a DBT-Informed approach for clients with cognitive challenges).
- A supportive and flexible team working environment
- 20 days off the first year, increasing to 25 days off the second year, that we not only let you take, but expect you to take off!
- A 403b retirement plan with a match after the first year of employment
- CEU allotment of $250 the first year and $500 every year after, as well as many educational opportunities offered in-house
Easterseals will cover your professional association dues (i.e. NASW, IMHCA, APT)
- Supervision provided
- The opportunity to use the whole campus to support your clients in meeting their therapeutic goals. You don’t have to be stuck in an office.
- Crisis Stabilization is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of developing a comprehensive service system for children and families in Iowa.
- Be a part of an organization committed to our mission to provide exceptional services and help ensure people can live, learn, work, and play in their communities.
- Easterseals is committed to client outcomes, not profit.
Licensed (or very soon to be licensed) in Iowa as a LMSW, LISW, t-LMHC, LMHC, t-LMFT, LMFT of PhD Psychologist
Preference will be given for those with experience in a crisis services setting.
Demonstrate an ability to work with a team closely and cooperatively, providing team members support so they may support families.
Apply by going to http://www.easterseals.com/ia/careers. If you have questions give our Director of Brain Health, Tony Raymer, LISW, RPT-S a call at 515-309-2368 or email at email@example.com