Clinical Manager at Prelude in Iowa City
Outpatient Clinical Manager
Prelude Behavioral Services is seeking a driven and organized Outpatient Clinical Manager for our substance abuse and mental health treatment programs in Iowa City. The manager will collaborate with counseling staff to ensure Prelude can provide excellent outpatient care. We are seeking someone who has a strong clinical background and who has a passion for educating and leading others.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervise outpatient staff including counselors, therapists, case managers, peer recovery coaches and practicum students or interns by providing initial and ongoing training; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching; problem solving and providing solutions for staff needs
- Oversee counselor and therapist patient caseloads through consultation, case review and weekly staffing meetings.
- Provide training on the appropriate evidence-based practices relating to patient treatment, counseling techniques, and clinical procedures.
- Directs and oversees grants and contracts within the outpatient program to ensure services are made available to those without insurance coverage.
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures related to the clinical assessment and treatment of patients and other areas relevant to outpatient services.
Qualified candidates will have a Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field. Qualified candidates will also have a substance abuse counseling certification, i.e., CADC or IADC from the Iowa Board of Substance Abuse Certification or a state that has reciprocity. Preferred candidates will be Independently Licensed with a LISW, LMHC, or LMFT. Candidates must have 4 years of experience as a substance abuse counselor or similar role; candidates with 2 years of supervisory experience are preferred.
Candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment drug screen prior to beginning employment. A valid driver’s license is required for this role.
Candidate’s pay will be commensurate with experience, certification and education. Full-time employees receive a full suite of benefits that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k with a company match. We also offer a competitive PTO plan with 21 days accrued in your first year! Prelude is also considered a qualified employer under the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
If you are interested in the opportunity to have an impact on the adults we serve and to play an integral role in ensuring a positive recovery experience for our patients, we invite you to apply.
Prelude Behavioral Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabilities