ISU Athletics Dept. Seeking Therapist
Mental Health Clinical Therapist
The Iowa State University Athletics Department is accepting applications for a Mental Health Clinical Therapist. This position will provide in-person direct care and psychological services to student-athletes to assist them in attaining educational, academic, and personal wellness goals through individual assessment and counseling.
Position will include case management, crisis support, group counseling, and outreach programming.
- Provide clinical services including, but not limited to assessment, treatment planning, individual, team, and group counseling services, psychoeducation, and case management.
- Conduct psychological, substance abuse, and eating disorder assessments and treatments based on current best practices and guidelines.
- Provide intervention during client crisis.
- Complete required documentation as required by Iowa law.
- Participate in recruiting visits for assigned prospects to talk about ISU mental health and wellness services.
- Research and develop educational materials and prevention presentations.
- Make appropriate referrals to other professionals and community resources as appropriate.
- Commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of the University, Big 12 Conference, and NCAA.
The successful candidate will possess strong case management, time management, counseling, communication, and problem solving skills. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body. Position must be flexible and able to meet with clients during evenings or weekends as needed.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Master’s degree and 3 years of related experience, which may include a master’s internship. Licensed to provide clinical services.
- Experience providing counseling services in a university setting, with a young adult population, and/or regarding athlete issues.
- Skill in large volume case management.
- Direct understanding of athletics culture and environment.
- Experience evaluating and treating complex disordered eating cases.
To view full job details and to apply visit https://www.jobs.iastate.edu/. All applications must be submitted on-line through Workday to guarantee consideration.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.