UCS Healthcare Seeking Counselor
Are you passionate about recovery, physical and emotional health and cultural equality? At UCS Healthcare, our values guide our culture. We embrace diversity and inclusion and seek colleagues who desire to work in an environment where everyone is accepted and their unique characteristics are celebrated.
Our Co-occurring counselors assist patients in achieving goals through counseling services. Operates in alignment with UCS Healthcare core values. We are looking for someone who is a team player, provides patient centered care and strives to provide the highest level of care. This person also should operates in alignment with UCS Healthcare core values, is a team player, provides patient centered services and strives to provide the highest level of care. UCS has great benefits and a competitive salary.
- Follow all Federal, State of Iowa, and agency policies and laws, including those pertaining to patient confidentiality, including HIPAA/ 42CFR part 2 and CARF requirements Implement assessments from referring agencies
- Coordinate delivery of treatment modalities including co-occurring and mental health issues
- Coordinate treatment functions with outside agencies
- Complete mental health assessment when applicable
- Individual therapy with co-occurring patients
- Facilitate mental health specific groups e.g. “Living with Stress” etc.
- Facilitate co-occurring groups
- Conduct screening, intake, initial assessment, orientation, admission and transition planning
- Develop individualized treatment plans. Evaluate treatment plans and redefine goals with patients served as required by level of care
- Maintain patient charts and data as mandated by state, federal and agency requirements.
- Evaluate progress of patients served in relation to the treatment applied on an ongoing basis.
- Apprise supervisor of problems encountered in case loads
- Participate in quality assurance meetings and patient staffing
- Attend approved conferences and meetings to secure and maintain credentials.
- Monitor and provide coverage for agency crisis line.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Implement any curriculums identified as appropriate by management
- Interpret referral paperwork to determine appropriate level of care
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- Licensed as an independent clinician or be working on independent licensing.
- Background and degrees in mental health related field.
- Must excel in a team environment and must adhere to agency policy and procedures
Certification/Licenses: Certified or working towards CADC certification within one year of hire. LISW, LMHC or temporary LMHC.
Work Schedule: Depending on the program assigned to working hours will vary from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. including Saturdays. Work may be assigned at any of the agency office locations (Des Moines, Ankeny, and Knoxville).
Applicants that requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Human Resources .
UCS Healthcare is an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.